7. Looking back at your preliminary task (the continuity editing task), what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to full product?


Here is a picture of Sony Vegas Pro:

At the beginning of the project I was not sure on how to use anything, in the first lesson on media we learnt how to use the cameras and then the Macs, but I then decided to use all of my own resources for the project and I have learnt how to use Sony Vegas Pro and I have learnt how to use my own camera.

In the preliminary task I had to edit the video on the Macs and when I am looking back at that prelim I have realised how well I have improved on all of the editing including the continuity, in my prelim the continuity was not very good as one of the actors jumps across the room and then sits down, however in my final version of the film that I have created I have made it so that all of the footsteps are inline and that everything runs smoothly with noting jumping, I have achieved this by

a. Making the actors run from further back and then they ran further than what was needed (this was to make sure that I could edit the clip and then delete anything that I did not need

b. I kept notice of the key features e.g. the feet of the actor and then made sure that they all match up together

When I was filming I used marks to tell the actors to aim for with e.g. a stone


Posted on Tuesday 20 April 2010 / Filed under

Leave a Reply



Followers