prelim (film)

I have been set the task to make a film including a series of shots, however I did not follow the criteria because I did not include a shot reverse shot in the film and this was part of the criteria. I have asked some people to star in my film and they have acted out all of the dialog and I have shot all but one of the many shots that were required, I have included a close up, shot both sides of the door opening and closing, I have then done an over shoulder shot, then an aerial shot and then another over shoulder shot. When I filmed the shots I then uploaded them onto the computer and I finally edited it on the computer, then I finished off by uploading it onto my blogger.


In the film that I have made there are a few mistakes that I have made in the film, one of them mistakes is that I have left the tripod in the scene (this is visible when the video is on 0.13 to 0.16 seconds in the film)




I then made another mistake and this was that I did not follow the criteria, I did this by not including a shot reverse shot into my film. If I could improve this film I would correct these two mistakes that I have done and I would do this by checking that there is no equipment in the scene and then I would double check that I have applied all of different shots that are required in the film.


There are many shots that are used in film today and I have applied some of them shots in my film and all of them are in this order:
· Close up
· Master shot
· Pan
· Over shoulder
· Pan
· Over shoulder
· Aerial shot
· Mid shout


In total there are 8 different camera shots that are in my film and they are in the order shown, the close up shot is a close up of the door handle, then the master shot was showing the audience the location of the film, then the pan followed the person walking into the room, walking across the room, then the over shoulder shot was following the person into the other room showing his point of view with him in the picture, then there was another pan shot with the person entering another room where someone else is waiting and it follows him until he sits down, then there is an over shoulder shot with two people and they then start to talk, then there is an aerial shot of the two people talking and finally there is a mid shot of one of the people talking. I then uploaded the film onto the computer and then edited all of the scenes cutting all of the unnecessary bits of the scenes, finally I then uploaded it onto YouTube and then I pasted the video onto my blog.


The mise en scene in the film that I have made is all to do with school, I have used all of the things in the film to link with the fact that the two people are students in a lesson, I have used the tables in the room to relate to the idea of a class room also I have used a desk in that room for the teacher also the rooms are very plain and there are notices on the walls, there is a notice board, a fire bell, a fire exit, there is a poster diagram on the wall and there are a lot of chairs that are always in schools, all of these props are included to convince the audience that the tow people are in a school and are waiting for the teacher. I have then used a dark room on the outside of the class rooms and then there is a classroom with the light on and finally the end classroom is quite dark with the light from outside shining through the window, this backs the idea of the two students are waiting for the teacher to come into the lesson.


Posted on Friday 23 October 2009 / Filed under

Leave a Reply



Followers