pitch feedback

Whilst I was presenting my pitch to the class they were noting down what they thought of my idea for the film opening that I will be producing, they would be noting down things like what genre they think it is, who the target audience is and what age they will be, whether they like / dislike the story line of my idea, whether they like/ dislike my ideas for the locations to film at, they will also note down what they like and they will then be finishing that off with suggesting any potential problems and solutions to them.

Target audience

In my pitch I mentioned about the age of what I think would be the target audience and the class members seemed to agree with what I have fort it would be, then the class made notes on what gender would be best suited for my idea and the majority of the answers was teenage boys. This meant that the target audience was easily visible to the class and this was a good sign as it will be easy to spot what audience will best suite my film genre and story.

Results from the storyline

The results that I got back from the storyline of my film idea was mainly positive, but there were a few students that thought it wasn’t a very good story to use and one of the points that were made against my story board was that it seemed a bit bland for an action thriller and that I would need to make is sound more exiting.

Results from the location ideas

Almost all of the students in the class said that the location I have chosen is not suited for the genre of my film opening scene and the comments that I received were all saying that I could find a better location to film it at, an example of a better location was in a more urban surrounding e.g. down a street.

Suggestions on improvements

I have looked at all of the results from presenting my pitch and I have found out that there are some helpful suggestions that I may consider to use with my film and they are: to find a better location that suites the genre of my film (an example was to find an urban street), to find a well suited song for the chase (an example was to use a rock genre of song), to improve the story of the opening (an example was to show that the hostage is having a flashback). I will take all of the points that have been made with my pitch and I will consider using some of the points that have been made.


Posted on Thursday 25 March 2010 / Filed under

Leave a Reply



Followers